Call for Workshop Presenters
The General Federation of Women‘s Clubs is a unifying force, bringing together local women’s clubs, with members dedicated to strengthening their communities and enhancing the lives of others through volunteer service. Each year, GFWC holds a convention where it strives to offer unparalleled educational and networking opportunities to its members. Club members, guests, resource partners, and staff convene to conduct GFWC business, attend workshops, promote new programs, present awards, discuss common needs and goals, and foster friendships.
GFWC will hold its 120th Annual International Convention Saturday, June 18, to Monday, June 20, 2011, at the Hilton Milwaukee City Center and Frontier Airlines Convention Center in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. We are currently accepting proposals for workshop presenters at our Annual International Convention. Please review the following guidelines. Proposals must be e-mailed or postmarked by January 15, 2011.
- Workshops should be as interactive, hands-on, and energetic as possible. Participants should not feel that they are in a classroom setting.
- All workshops will be 75 minutes in length.
- Presenters can generally expect an audience from 20 to 100 GFWC members.
- If you or your organization has expertise in more than one area, you may submit more than one proposal.
Please view the complete guidelines in the complete Call for Workshop Presenter Application. (PDF | Microsoft Word)
All proposals must be received by January 15, 2011. Proposals received after the deadline will not be considered. Selection of proposals will be made by a review panel on the basis of adherence to the guidelines, quality of proposal, relevance, qualifications of presenter, and overall contribution to the conference. Only complete applications will be considered by the panel. A complete proposal must include the following:
- Completed application form
- Proposed workshop title
- Description of the session in 50 words or less
- Expected objectives (minimum of three)
- Expected learning outcomes (minimum of three)
- Copy of the lead presenter’s resume or vitae
- Listing of other conferences where the lead presenter has presented
ALL PROPOSALS MUST INCLUDE
- Completed Call for Workshop Presenter Application (PDF | Microsoft Word)
- Presenter information
- Title for proposed workshop
- Workshop description
Submit the completed application by e-mail to GFWC@GFWC.org (please put Workshop Proposal in the subject heading) or by mail to:
Attn: Workshop Proposal
1734 N Street NW
Washington, DC 20036-2990
All proposals must be postmarked or e-mailed by January 15, 2011 to be guaranteed consideration. Presenters will be notified by February 1, 2011 regarding the status of their proposal.