Canadian Rockies by Rail--July 13-22, 2009
Experience the Canadian Rockies by Rail on the Rocky Mountaineer® Train viewing coastal forests, roaring river canyons and lofty mountain peaks, where you’ll see the glaciers of the Albreda Icefields and view Mt. Robson, the highest peak in the Canadian Rockies, with an overnight at the magnificent Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel.
- Per Person Rates: Double-$4,529; Single-$5,929; Triple-$4,479
- Included in Price: In addition to your hotels, flights, and excursions below, air taxes and fees/surcharges of $195 (subject to increase until paid in full), hotel transfers, and roundtrip air from Washington Dulles International (other departure cities are available, but price may change) are included.
- Not included in price: cancellation waiver and insurance of $235 per person
- For an additional cost, you can enjoy Rocky Mountaineer GoldLeaf Service® with an optional upgrade ($920 USD per person, double, land only), which provides you with an assigned seat in the Bi-Level Dome Coach. Please ask your reservation agent for additional information. Space is limited.
»Download a four-color brochure, reservation form, and credit card authorization.
Your Itinerary at a Glance
Monday, July 13-Wednesday, July 15, 2009 | Vancouver – Victoria – Vancouver
- Your exciting tours begins in the beautiful city of Vancouver, British Columbia (Day 1)
- Breakfast at the Capilano Suspension Bridge and experience breathtaking views then enjoy the splendor of Vancouver with a sightseeing tour that begins at beautiful Stanley Park, visit Chinatown, and the waterfront area. Your tour will end in Gastown, Vancouver’s turn-of-the-century pedestrian mall filled with pubs, restaurants, art galleries, specialty stores, and the world-famous steam-powered clock. (Day 2)
- Take an early morning scenic ferry to Vancouver Island to visit the lovely Butchart Gardens, considered among the world’s most beautiful and a veritable explosion of color and fragrances, followed by a short sightseeing tour of the “City of Gardens,” Victoria, with leisure time to explore this lovely seaside city, with an evening journey back to the mainland via a short ferry ride. (Day 3)
Thursday, July 16, 2009 | Kamloops Hotel | Vancouver – Rocky Mountaineer ® Train – Kamloops
- Board your train for the scenic journey of a lifetime. The Rocky Mountaineer® Train will take you on a spectacular voyage from Vancouver to Jasper, with a route that takes you along the verdant fields of Fraser Valley and the scenic Fraser River. View the beauty of the Thompson River and the shimmering, fish-filled waters of Kamloops Lake before arriving in Kamloops. (Day 4)
Friday, July 17, 2009 | Sawridge Hotel | Kamloops – Jasper, Alberta
- Continue east aboard your train, passing the striking mountain peaks of the Monashee Mountains and viewing Pyramid Falls cascading down Mt. Cheadle. See the glaciers of the Albreda Icefields and view Mt. Robson, the highest peak in the Canadian Rockies, arriving in early evening in Jasper, the northern gateway to the Icefields Parkway. (Day 5)
Saturday, July 18, 2009 | Sawridge Hotel | Jasper, Alberta
- Begin your day with a trip to the extraordinary Maligne Canyon, later traveling to the sparkling waters of Maligne Lake, the largest natural lake in the Canadian Rockies. (Day 6)
Sunday, July 19, 2009 | Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise | Jasper – Icefields Parkway – Lake Louise
- While en route to Lake Louise, journey along the unforgettable Icefields Parkway and view the majestic waterfalls, rushing rivers, glacial peaks, imposing cliffs, and snowcapped mountain ranges with a stop at Athabasca Falls. Continue to the Columbia Icefields, where a special ride is in store for you (weather permitting) across this mass of glacial ice. Stop at the serene Peyto Lake and arrive at the world-famous Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. (Day 7)
Monday, July 20, 2009 | Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel | Lake Louise – Banff
- En route to Banff, view the spectacular Moraine Lake and the awesome Valley of the Ten Peaks. Upon arrival in Banff, enjoy a visit to a local ammonite specialist and learn about this rare gemstone that is found only in Alberta. Later, arrive at the magnificent Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel, known as the “Castle in the Mountains.” The afternoon is at leisure for exploring or strolling through the many well-known shops of Banff. (Day 8)
Tuesday, July 21, 2009 | Westin Hotel Calgary | Banff – Calgary
- Begin the day with a scenic drive around Banff featuring Bow Falls and the impressive Hoodoos, also known as the “Land of the Sleeping Giants.” Then journey to the cosmopolitan city of Calgary for your final stop, with a special farewell dinner at a popular local restaurant. (Day 9)
Wednesday, July 22, 2009 | Calgary – Depart for Home
- Depart for home with a lifetime of memories. (Day 10)
Make your reservation today!
Contact GFWC at 202/347-3168 ext. 150 or by e-mail, and let us know that you’d like to travel with GFWC in July 2009! You can also download the registration form as a PDF and fax or mail it to GFWC.
Your first deposit of $250 per person is due upon reservation on or prior to February 13, 2009. Final payment is due May 13, 2009.
Since 1918, Collette Vacations has taken millions of travelers to all seven continents for memorable vacation experiences. When you travel with Collette, your vacation will include centrally located hotels that reflect the spirit of an area; meals that allow you to sample local flavors; activities, sightseeing, and entertainment that showcase the magic of a destination; and the services of a professional tour manager (on escorted tours).
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For more information, please contact GFWC or by phone at 202/347-3168.