The GFWC Stylebook provides members and club leaders with everything they need to ensure that GFWC’s unique voice and longstanding mission are supported by materials that carry the GFWC name and emblem.
The GFWC Stylebook is separated into the following 11 sections:
- What is a Brand? Discusses the importance of protecting GFWC's unique brand and identity.
- Key Messages. Provides standardized language that conveys the GFWC brand editorially.
- About GFWC. Contains different versions of GFWC's mission statement, with guidelines on when to use each version.
- How to Refer to GFWC. Clarifies acceptable ways to reference GFWC.
- Leadership Titles. Addresses acceptable ways to use various leadership titles.
- Email Signatures. References the accepted GFWC email signature format.
- General Font Guidelines. Provides members with the accepted fonts for GFWC communication and guidelines on when to use each font.
- Tips on Writing Well. Offers guidance on writing clearly and concisely, and writing in the standardized GFWC editorial style.
- Keywords and Phrases. Lists keywords and phrases that should consciously be used in writing for GFWC communications to reinforce our focus, mission, values, and ideals.
- Editorial Style. Provides a list of commonly used words, phrases, and acronyms with instructions on GFWC's accepted use of each one.
- GFWC Trademark Use Policies. Discusses the guidelines surrounding GFWC's trademark and Emblem use.
If you have questions that aren’t addressed, examples of correct or incorrect usage, or want clarification on the items provided, please contact GFWC Senior Director of Programs, Public Policy, and Communications Michele Mount at MMount@GFWC.org or call 202-347-3168 ext. 149.