How to ACT in OCT
Roll out the red carpet in your club! Invite potential members to participate in an actual club project as part of your recruitment ACTivity to demonstrate how your club does its good works. Sewing smile bags for Operation Smile, putting together Blue Bears, or filling bags with donated food for a local food pantry are worthwhile activities that offer easy ways to involve potential members in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere!
- Find out more about your club’s history so you can share it with potential members.
- Ask your fellow clubwomen how they first learned about GFWC and repeat the publicity efforts that worked!
- Work with your club officers to determine how many new members your club can reasonably assimilate into the group.
- Network with other GFWC clubs to share ideas.
- Contact your local Chamber of Commerce and find out whether your club’s information can be included in the materials they send to new residents.
- Ask local businesses to let you hang posters in their windows, or place business cards or post cards at their checkout counters.
- Inform local newspapers, radio stations, and local television news of about your membership drive. Write a letter to the editor about your club’s achievements and encourage community members to join your ACT in OCT event.
- The most effective recruiting method is personal contact by club members. Members familiar with the purpose of GFWC and the benefits of belonging can talk comfortably with potential members.
- Ask each current member to bring one potential member to your ACT in OCT event.
No matter how you choose to ACT in OCT, remember to report your activities to GFWC!