Inserting the Emblem into Your Documents
Follow the instructions below to include a PNG version of the GFWC Emblem or other logo in a Word, PowerPoint, or Publisher file.
Inserting the Emblem
Click one of the Emblem links on the Download the GFWC Emblem page.
Follow your computer’s instructions for downloading the file. To download a PNG, you may be directed to another Web page with the graphic. If so, save the file by right-clicking the image and selecting Save Picture As.
Place your cursor in the location of your document where you want to insert the Emblem.
On the Insert menu, point to Picture. If you are in a Word document, click From File after this step.
Locate the Emblem you want to insert from your files.
Double-click the Emblem you want to insert, or click the file and then click Insert. The Emblem should now appear in the document.
Resizing the Emblem
To resize the Emblem, simply click it once to select the image, hold down the Shift key, and click and drag one of the corners to the size desired.
Moving the Emblem
In PowerPoint and Publisher, the Emblem can be easily moved by clicking and dragging it. However, the Emblem may appear “stuck” in one place in a Word document. Follow the instructions below to move the Emblem about the page in a Word document.
For Microsoft Word 2003 and 2002 users
- Click the Emblem once to select the image.
- On the Format menu, click Picture.
- In the Format Picture dialog box, click the Layout tab.
- Select the In Front of Text wrapping style, and then click OK. You should now be able to move the Emblem freely about the page by clicking and dragging it.
For Microsoft Word 2007 users
- Click the Emblem once to select the image. A Format tab should appear.
- Within the Format menu, select the Text Wrapping button.
- Select the In Front of Text option from the drop-down menu. You should now be able to move the Emblem freely about the page by clicking and dragging it.