GFWC respects your privacy. In collecting and using information about you, we adhere to the following principles:
- We collect information about you only when you provide it voluntarily.
- We use the collected information only for the purposes for which you provided it.
- We may share the information that we collect with carefully selected third parties whose products and services may be of interest to you and agents who work with us to provide services to you, but otherwise do not sell or rent our e-mail or mailing lists to third parties.
TYPES AND METHODS OF INFORMATION COLLECTION
GFWC may collect your personal information, such as your name, title, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address, password, URL, log-in name, credit card information, and other information in connection with your use of this site, which may include:
- Membership registration
- Mailing list subscription
- Newsletter and e-mail subscriptions
- Event registration
- Online purchases
- E-mail inquiries, comments, postings, and requests
- Site submission forms
- Awards, contests, and grant programs
- Resumes submitted for staff positions at GFWC
- Other GFWC services
Information Collected Through E-mails: When you open an e-mail sent by GFWC, we may receive a confirmation that you have opened the e-mail if your e-mail software supports such functionality. GFWC may also archive e-mails that we send to or receive from you.
Information Collected Automatically: Each time a visitor or user enters this website, the website hosting company's server collects basic technical information, including the visitor's domain name, e.g., aol.com; referral data, e.g., the last URL a user visited prior to entering the website; and browser and platform type, e.g., Netscape browser or a Macintosh platform. We also track and aggregate visitor activity in an analysis of general traffic flow. This information may be aggregated into group data, which then may be shared on an aggregated basis with third parties, but unless otherwise provided for in this policy, GFWC will not disclose individual identity or personal identifiable data without permission.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We may share information about our website users collected through this site with:
- Our Executive Committee, Board of Directors, and carefully selected affinity partners and service providers for purposes of improving the content and usability of our site and offering products or services that may be of interest to you. We have written agreements in place with affinity partners and service providers to protect your information.
- Governmental authorities under subpoenas, court orders, or other legal processes (such disclosure may be done without notice to you). We may also disclose your personal information to protect the safety, property, or rights of our visitors, GFWC or third parties, or to investigate violations of our website Terms and Conditions.
Except as provided herein, we will not share your contact information with other organizations for commercial or solicitation purposes except where notice is given. Note, however, that if you voluntarily post your e-mail address or other personal information on this site, you may receive unsolicited communications from third parties. Your participation in these features and your provision of personally identifiable information to GFWC or posting of personally identifiable information to this site constitutes your agreement to such sharing. GFWC is not responsible for any use by third parties of personally identifiable user data that you voluntarily post on this site.
All sites that provide for the collection and transmission of credit card information use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to help protect credit card information when it is transmitted to the site. We maintain our own e-mail and mailing lists. GFWC employs password protection for all collected electronic data. Users are warned, however, that the Internet and electronic databases may not be 100 percent secure. Information that you provide may be subject to interception, and when you provide your information to us over the Internet, you do so at your own risk.
CORRECTION AND UPDATING OF YOUR INFORMATION
If you do not wish to receive mailings or e-mails from GFWC, you can opt out at any time. GFWC allows you to log on to this site and review and/or correct your information in our databases. If you wish to review or have questions regarding your information, please contact GFWC at 202-347-3168 or GFWC@GFWC.org, or write to us at 1734 N ST NW, Washington, DC 20036-2990.
Effective Date: July 25, 2008