Preserve the History of Places That Matter
- Research the history of your clubhouse, a local library founded by your club, or any community structure of significance to women’s history.
- Take a photo of your club at the place you have chosen. Display GFWC's "This Place Matters” banner or make your own.
- Link your photo to the GFWC—This Place Matters photo pool on Flickr.
- Send a copy of the photo to the WHRC. If possible, send a historic photo and a brief history of the building to accompany it. The information and images will eventually be accessible through the WHRC online catalog.
- Use your research and photos to get positive publicity for your club and GFWC! Find a hook to interest your local press. See John Kelly’s Washington Post story on a unique architectural feature at GFWC Headquarters!