Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR GFWC.ORG, MYVOLUNTEERYEAR.ORG, AND GFWCPASSIONPROJECT.ORG
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OWNERSHIP
GFWC owns this website and owns (or uses with permission) all the registered and unregistered trademarks, logos, wallpaper, icons, characters, artwork, images, audio clips, graphics, music, sound, information, text, data, pictures, videos, comments, submissions, User-Generated Content (“UGC”) and other material and content on this site, and the arrangement and selection of such material and content (collectively the “Content”). Your unauthorized use of the Content may violate copyright, trademark, patent, privacy, and other U.S. and/or international laws, and may infringe upon the rights of GFWC, as well as third parties not owned by or affiliated with GFWC.
Except for UGC you may have posted on this website in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, or unless expressly permitted by GFWC pursuant to its Copyright Guidelines, you may not alter, archive, copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, transmit, modify, adapt, translate, display, distribute, sell, license, prepare derivative works based upon, or otherwise use or exploit the Content. You may not use bots, data mining technology, or any other technique intended to extract data or information from this site. Any attempt to interfere with this site or impede the lawful enjoyment of the Content by anyone may be subject to civil and criminal penalties.
This website may provide opportunities for users to participate in blogs, bulletin boards or other community areas, and to post UGC. In providing UGC to this site, you warrant and represent that:
- You are the owner or licensee of such UGC and have a right to post it;
- The UGC does not and will not violate the intellectual property or publicity rights of any person; and
- Your posting and the UGC does not and will not violate these Terms and Conditions or any GFWC policy or guideline.
By posting UGC, you give GFWC, its successors and assigns, and its or their agents and service providers, a perpetual, royalty-free right to commercially exploit, display, post, duplicate, disseminate, create derivative works based upon, or otherwise use the UGC for any commercial or non-commercial purpose, in any manner and in any medium whatsoever, in GFWC’s sole discretion.
The following rules shall apply to your posting of any UGC on this website:
- You are responsible and liable for any UGC that you submit, post, or display.
- You are responsible and liable for any activity or transactions that occur under your user name.
- You shall not abuse, harass, threaten, or intimidate other users of this website.
You shall not use this website for any illegal or unauthorized purpose.
- You shall not post UGC that is harmful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, unlawful, obscene, or otherwise objectionable.
- You shall not use this site to promote any commercial activity.
GFWC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to
- Review, edit, or delete any UGC, including without limitation material that is unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, or otherwise objectionable or which violates a party’s intellectual property or these Terms and Conditions, without undertaking any responsibility to do so;
- Adopt rules in any community area or condition access to any such community features by any individual or group on certain criteria, deny or restrict access by any individual or group who fails to meet that criteria or by anyone who fails to comply with our criteria or rules at any time, and change or modify the criteria or rules at any time; and
- Deny access by any user to this website.
THIRD PARTY CONTENT
This website may contain Content owned by third parties, including but not limited to promotional and business partners, licensors, and licensees. The use of the names or trademarks of such third parties and any references to their products or services on this website does not constitute an endorsement by GFWC of such parties or their products or services. GFWC does not endorse or warrant the accuracy or reliability of, or assume any liability in connection with, any information or content on this website provided by third parties, or any of their products or services.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
If you believe that any material on this site infringes upon your copyright rights, you can notify us of the alleged infringement in accordance with the U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”). Please include all of the following information:
- a legend or subject line “DMCA Copyright Infringement Notice”;
- a description of the copyrighted work that you believe has been infringed;
- the URL of the site and a description of where the allegedly infringing material is located on that site;
- your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the alleged infringing material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that all the information in your notice is accurate, and that you are the copyright owner (or, if you are not the copyright owner, that you are authorized to act on the behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed); and
- your electronic or physical signature.
GFWC reserves the right to respond to DMCA notices that do not comply with any of these requirements in its discretion.
You may send DMCA notices by mail, e-mail, or facsimile:
If by mail to:
General Federation of Women’s Clubs
1734 N ST NW
Washington, DC 20036-2990
If by fax to: 202/835-0246; Attn: DMCA Agent
Any violation of these Terms and Conditions may result in termination of your account or limits on your ability to access this site, in GFWC’s sole discretion. GFWC reserves the right to use or disclose any information you provide to any third party to investigate or take action in response to violations or suspected violations of these Terms and Conditions.
DISCLAIMER AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
THIS SITE, THE CONTENT AND THE SERVICES PROVIDED ON OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PURPOSE, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR ANY OTHER MATTER. GFWC DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE CONTENT IN THE SITE OR SERVICES AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE ARE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, RELIABLE OR ERROR-FREE, THAT INFORMATION WILL ALWAYS BE AVAILABLE, OR THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVERS, HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE USED IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SITE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES, MALWARE OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. IN NO EVENT SHALL GFWC, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, MEMBERS OR AGENTS BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THIS WEBSITE. GFWC assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the Content of the website, whether provided by GFWC or any third party.
This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the District of Columbia, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. All claims arising out of this agreement or your purchase of any goods or services via this website will be heard in courts within the District of Columbia. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent applicable.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless GFWC and its directors, officers, employees, agents, members, business partners, licensors, and licensees from any damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) on account of any claim, suit, action, demand, or proceeding made or brought against any such party arising out of or related to your use of this website and any violations by you of these Terms and Conditions.
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
GFWC reserves the right to change, modify, add, or remove any of these Terms and Conditions and any other Content at the site at any time. Please check this page each time you visit for changes and modifications to these terms. Continued use of this site constitutes acceptance by you of any such changes. If you do not agree with these Terms and Conditions do not use this website.
If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is deemed unlawful, void, or unenforceable for any reason, then that provision will be deemed severable from the remainder of these Terms and Conditions and will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remainder of these Terms and Conditions.
Effective Date: July 25, 2008