GFWC History Timeline : 1868-2009
Year:
1917 - GFWC establishes the War Service Office at 415-416 Maryland Building, 1410 H Street, Washington, D.C. "...this Service Office has been created to be the actuary between the Departments of the General Federation and the Departments of Washington." General Federation of Women's Clubs Magazine, November, 1917.

To learn more:
Click to Enlarge
Cover, General Federation of Women's Clubs Magazine, November 1917Cover, General Federation of Women's Clubs Magazine, November 1917