The Research Collections of the Women’s History and Resource Center include documents and artifacts of permanent historical significance to the mission of the WHRC to collect, preserve, interpret, and promote the history of the GFWC and women in volunteering. Some of GFWC’s historical materials have been collected since the organization began in 1890, thanks to great foresight by the Federation’s founders. Most of the records in the archives were generated at the national/international level of the organization.
The volume of processed records in the collection is 378 linear feet (Addditionally, approximately 165 linear feet of program records are in process, and are available for research). The records span the years 1889 to 1992, the bulk of which date from 1890 to 1990. Most of the records are bound volumes or paper files, but photographs, audio-visual material, and artifacts are also included. These collections are accessioned, cataloged, and preserved for use in research, exhibitions, and loans. They consist of the GFWC Archives, Special Collections, and the Research Library. If you have questions about the WHRC Research Collections or would like to request research assistance, please contact WHRC@GFWC.org
If there is time in the day to lend a helping hand, Irene Iverson will do it. A member of two GFWC clubs and recent honoree of the One OC Spirit of Volunteerism Award for 2014, Irene has been an active leader in her community since she joined the Red Cross as a volunteer at 15.
Success For Survivors Scholarship
Each year, GFWC awards scholarships to help intimate partner abuse survivors obtain a post-secondary education that offers a chance to reshape their future by securing employment and gaining personal independence.
GFWC Marlton Woman’s Club
Because of its active involvement in the community, The GFWC Marlton Woman’s Club of Marlton, New Jersey recruited 17 new members in 2015.