Thank you for your interest in working for the General Federation of Women’s Clubs, a workplace which values people of diverse backgrounds. GFWC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Open positions:
The Accounting Manager, under the supervision of the Chief of Operations, will handle day-to-day accounting operations and work directly with GFWC’s outsourced accountant to facilitate reconciliation. In addition to the list of responsibilities below, the Accounting Manager will perform additional duties that are consistent with the general area of responsibilities of this position.
- Complete day-to-day financial operations for GFWC including processing Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Payroll; and posting and reconciling transactions processed through GFWC’s Association Management System, MemberSuite
- Provide outsourced accountant with monthly schedules to support quarterly reconciliation
- Ensure established policies and procedures are followed and internal controls are adhered to
- Assist the Treasurer and Chief of Operations in working with staff to develop the annual budget
- Ensure timely completion of annual audit and necessary tax filings
- Recommend to GFWC leadership potential changes to policies and practices that are in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, nonprofit accounting standards
- Provide quality customer service when responding to members of the Executive Committee, Board of Directors, and GFWC clubwomen’s requests regarding financial matters
- Accounting degree preferred, but professional experience in an accounting role may be substituted
- Familiarity with nonprofit finance and accounting regulations and best practices
- Excellent time management and problem solving skills
- Extensive experience with QuickBooks Online and Excel
- Exceptional written and oral presentation skills; ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences
- Dynamic team player and strategic thinker
Submit cover letter and résumé via email with “Accounting Manager” in the subject line to Patricia Budka, Chief of Operations, at abarcus@GFWC.org.
The General Federation of Women’s Clubs is an international women’s organization dedicated to community improvement by enhancing the lives of others through volunteer service. GFWC Headquarters is a National Historic Landmark located at 1734 N Street, NW in Washington D.C. Headquarters serves as the working offices for the GFWC International President and staff, and it is also the home of the Women’s History and Resource Center.
Serving as MVR President has been a wonderful experience. I’ve been able to work with members from my own state of Missouri for my first Region Conference and from Iowa for my second Regional Conference. Having been able to get to know our International President, President-elect, and the Presidents from the other 7 Regions has been an enlightening and wonderful experience. I’ve learned so very much from each of them!
Success For Survivors Scholarship
Each year, GFWC awards scholarships to help intimate partner abuse survivors obtain a post-secondary education that offers a chance to reshape their future by securing employment and gaining personal independence.
GFWC Lawrence Classics Club
The GFWC Lawrence Classics Club (Kansas) has 19 members, and it’s an incredible mixture: one charter member has been involved since 1997; one member has been part of GFWC since 1960; there are a mother and daughter pair who are 2nd and 3rd generation clubwomen; four members are Boosters; and their youngest member only graduated from college last year. This assorted group shares the same values about volunteerism and puts them into action.