Thank you for your interest in working for the General Federation of Women’s Clubs, a workplace which values people of diverse backgrounds. GFWC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Open positions:
Membership Services Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Director of Membership Services & Programs
Assist Director of Membership Services & Programs with providing services and information directly to GFWC membership.
- Answer questions related to membership matters
- Dues, timelines, deadlines, donations, events, newsletters, etc.
- Provide special recognition pins to members and certificates to clubs as appropriate
- Manage GFWC member grants
- GFWC Marketplace inventory development, management, and sales
- GFWC association database customer service, support, and data maintenance
- Connect potential members to clubs either via the State Federation or State Membership Chairman
- Prepare New Club Kits to all new clubs
- Review and provide recognition via News & Notes for Gold/Jubilee Pin recipients and Club Anniversaries
- Provide a quarterly milestone club Recruitment Campaigns for inclusion in GFWC’s weekly newsletter, News & Notes
- Support production of and suggest topics for Membership Matters, a quarterly newsletter for club presidents
- Serve as staff liaison to GFWC National Leadership Committee
- Collect applications for the LEADS Program and prepare materials for the annual LEADS seminar at the GFWC Annual Convention
- Responsible for creating and updating the Leadership Directory for each two-year Administration and the LEADS Program Directory. Adobe InDesign experience preferable but not necessary
- Customer service experience desired
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Customer database experience strongly preferred
- Ability to work with diverse staff and volunteers
Submit cover letter and résumé via email with “Membership Services Coordinator” in the subject line to Melanie Gisler, Director of Membership Services and Programs, at MGgisler@GFWC.org.
REPORTS TO: Chief of Operations
Under the direction of the Chief of Operations, and in coordination with the International President and Executive Committee members, this is a supporting position responsible for maintaining smooth operation of the GFWC Executive Office. Duties may be clerical, administrative, and project-based and include supporting meetings, handling information requests, preparing reports, and liaising with board members. This position is often privy to confidential information, and as such, requires diplomacy and discretion. Performance will be measured relative to the attainment of the stated objectives and goals and significant accomplishments related to the work plan and position responsibilities.
In addition to the below list of responsibilities, the Executive Coordinator will carry out assigned tasks that are consistent with the general area of responsibilities of this position.
- Support Executive Office management (Chief of Operations and International President), the Executive Committee, and the Board of Directors in all aspects of administrative and governance work
- Serve as an additional contact for member concerns related to member profile development, document access, Marketplace purchases, and/or event registration
- Identify potential vendors, obtain estimates, and coordinate vendors conducting work on GFWC properties
- Assist the Chief of Operations with staff transition including onboarding, staff reassignment, and end-of-employment; responsible for archiving all required supporting documentation (personnel files) for former staff
- Provide back up support for the Office Coordinator, assisting as needed with the front door, main phone line, and GFWC email account
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to accuracy and detail in all aspects of responsibilities; excellent organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience working with databases
- Flexibility and a willingness to perform other reasonable duties as requested; strong project management skills preferred
Submit cover letter and résumé via email with “Executive Coordinator” in the subject line to Patricia Budka, Chief of Operations, at PBudka@GFWC.org.
The General Federation of Women’s Clubs is an international women’s organization dedicated to community improvement by enhancing the lives of others through volunteer service. GFWC Headquarters is a National Historic Landmark located at 1734 N Street, NW in Washington D.C. Headquarters serves as the working offices for the GFWC International President and staff, and it is also the home of the Women’s History and Resource Center.
Success For Survivors Scholarship
Each year, GFWC awards scholarships to help intimate partner abuse survivors obtain a post-secondary education that offers a chance to reshape their future by securing employment and gaining personal independence.
GFWC Marlton Woman’s Club
The GFWC Marlton Woman’s Club (New Jersey) has 41 members who are always trying to put a smile on the faces of others. President Lisa Levin said, “My goal has always been to work together as a club, making our members shine, and making a significant difference in the lives of others.” She also encourages leadership and engagement by motivating members to be a chairperson or to be part of a committee.