Thank you for your interest in working for the General Federation of Women’s Clubs, a workplace which values people of diverse backgrounds. GFWC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Open positions:
Membership Services Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Director of Membership Services & Programs
Assist Director of Membership Services & Programs with providing services and information directly to GFWC membership.
- Answer questions related to membership matters
- Dues, timelines, deadlines, donations, events, newsletters, etc.
- Provide special recognition pins to members and certificates to clubs as appropriate
- Manage GFWC member grants
- GFWC Marketplace inventory development, management, and sales
- GFWC association database maintenance and management
- Maintain GFWC donor database
- Prepare acknowledgement letters to donors
- Connect potential members to clubs either via the State Federation or State Membership Chairman
- Prepare New Club Kits to all new clubs
- Review and provide recognition via News & Notes for Gold/Jubilee Pin recipients and Club Anniversaries
- Provide a quarterly milestone club Recruitment Campaigns for inclusion in Clubwoman Magazine
- Maintain member subscriptions
- Serve as staff liaison to GFWC National Leadership Committee
- Responsible for creating and updating the Leadership Directory for each two-year Administration, Adobe InDesign experience preferable but not necessary
- Collect LEADS applications and prepare materials for annual LEADS seminar at the GFWC Annual Convention
- Customer service experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Customer database experience
- Ability to work with diverse staff and volunteers
Submit cover letter and résumé via email with “Membership Services Coordinator” in the subject line to Melanie Gisler, Director of Membership Services and Programs, at mgisler@GFWC.org.
Publications & Project Manager
REPORTS TO Communications Director
CLASSIFICATION Exempt, Full time
The Publications and Project Manager is responsible for the production of several of GFWC’s publications and other member benefits requiring publishing expertise. The Manager also works with the Communications Director to ensure that all content published by GFWC is of high quality.
- Manages the member experience in the GFWC Member Portal for the members-only digital library, with a focus on the creation and upkeep of all documents. Works with the Membership Services Team and GFWC Leadership to identify needed enhancements.
- Serves as staff liaison for publishing content supplied by GFWC’s State Federations and Regions.
- Manages logistics to produce all GFWC newsletters, including copyediting, proofreading, layout, setting expectations with contributors, and posting to www.GFWC.org.
- Collaborates with Communications Director to incorporate digital communications strategies into newsletters, as appropriate.
- Curates member news content for GFWC’s Blog and copyedits as necessary to preserve the author’s voice, while framing appropriately to post to www.GFWC.org.
- Leads project to produce a comprehensive biennial manual for GFWC’s clubs; directly responsible for lay out and edits in Adobe InDesign.
- Monitors the PR@GFWC.org mailbox and promptly responds to inquiries.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 1 year of experience managing projects with multiple stakeholders in a full-time office environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in publishing, English, journalism, or related field.
- Superb research and fact-checking skills; the ability to thoroughly copyedit while preserving the author’s voice and key messages.
- Excellent communication skills; must be able to interact clearly and politely with diverse audiences.
- Experience using email blast modules within a membership database, such as MemberSuite, highly desirable but not required.
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign. Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat and Photoshop a plus.
- Ability to juggle multiple deadlines and be resourceful when encountering challenges of a small-staff environment.
- Familiarity with AP style a plus.
Please submit a writing sample, résumé, and cover letter via e-mail to cdeguzman@GFWC.org. In the cover letter, please outline your process for making substantial edits to a content submission while maintaining the author’s voice. Please include “Publications & Project Manager Position” in the subject line of your e-mail message.
REPORTS TO Chief of Operations
CLASSIFICATION Exempt, Full time
The Events Manager is responsible for the execution of all GFWC in-person and remote (virtual) events. This position works closely with GFWC Executive leadership, multiple volunteer committees, GFWC staff, and GFWC’s event management consultant. This position is full-time exempt and reports to the Chief of Operations.
- Coordinate and lead all event planning meetings.
- Work with consultant and Executive leadership to create (or update as needed) RFP to source potential event locations.
- Propose and adhere to event budgets.
- Manage all aspects of event contracts including, but not limited to, food and beverage, function space, A/V requirements, and room block.
- Serve as staff lead for coordination and production of remote meetings, trainings, and other events.
- Identify and contract with potential speakers, tour companies, and entertainers.
- Research and conduct outreach and negotiations with exhibitors and sponsors.
- Manage logistics for in-person and remote events including agenda setting, materials development, promotion, registration, and set up and tear down.
- Provide support to fundraising committee and all event-related volunteers.
- Review and summarize attendee feedback and recommend changes, as appropriate.
- Serve as primary staff contact for event-related questions for vendors and GFWC clubwomen.
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience: 2-4 years of experience in event management is desired, overseeing both in-person and remote events.
- Spreadsheet, word processing, and strong project management skills required.
- Experience with MemberSuite, BigMarker, and/or Zoom a plus.
- Skills/Traits: Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, a positive attitude, and be resourceful in addressing challenges.
Please email resume and cover letter with salary requirements to pbudka@GFWC.org with subject line “Events Manager.” Please be prepared to provide references upon request.
The General Federation of Women’s Clubs is an international women’s organization dedicated to community improvement by enhancing the lives of others through volunteer service. GFWC Headquarters is a National Historic Landmark located at 1734 N Street, NW in Washington D.C. Headquarters serves as the working offices for the GFWC International President and staff, and it is also the home of the Women’s History and Resource Center.
Success For Survivors Scholarship
Each year, GFWC awards scholarships to help intimate partner abuse survivors obtain a post-secondary education that offers a chance to reshape their future by securing employment and gaining personal independence.
GFWC Polk County Service Club
GFWC Polk County Service Club (Oregon) served as the coordinators for the Polk County Fair Talent Contest. There were two divisions (Youth from age 3-12 and Young Adult from 13-19) with 17 contestants. Laurel Jones, Vice President of GFWC Polk County Service Club, served as the Mistress of Ceremonies. Parents, grandparents, and friends all came out to fill the audience and it was very well attended. One of the Judges was GFWC Oregon State President, Pam Briggs.