Thank you for your interest in working for the General Federation of Women’s Clubs, a workplace which values people of diverse backgrounds. GFWC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Open positions:
Finance and IT Coordinator
The Finance and IT Coordinator is an exciting opportunity to support the financial and technological needs of GFWC. This position will be responsible for supporting the organization’s financial systems through data entry, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, spreadsheet development, and other tasks as assigned by the Director of Finance. This position also serves as a liaison to GFWC’s contracted IT provider.
- Process Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payables (AR/AP).
- Setup new vendors as needed and maintain compliance paperwork.
- Post transaction batches on GFWC’s Association Management System, MemberSuite.
- Reconcile MemberSuite transactions in QuickBooks Online (QBO).
- Prepare invoices, record cash receipts, make bank deposits, and reconcile credit card transactions.
- Respond to member and vendor inquiries regarding AR/AP.
- Assist with accounting data entry including journal entries and report creation.
- Submit payroll timesheet to contracted payroll processor and record payroll journal entries in QBO.
- Assist with annual budget preparation.
- Assist with monthly closing process and quarterly financial statement preparation.
- Assist in annual audit preparation.
- Help maintain finance department procedures manual and update finance forms, as needed.
- Support Director of Finance in assessing GFWC’s IT service needs and serve as liaison between staff and GFWC’s contracted IT service provider.
- Coordinate with Director of Finance on IT projects and follow up on pending tasks.
- Provide quality customer service and support to GFWC members.
- Provide support, as needed, for GFWC’s front desk and Marketplace.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Director of Finance.
Bachelor’s degree required. Preference will be given to a candidate with accounting or business degree.
0-2 years’ experience with basic knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles is desired. Spreadsheet and word processing required. Experience with QuickBooks Online a plus.
Must have excellent organizational and data entry skills. Strong attention to detail, good communication skills, positive attitude, and ability to work well in a team-oriented environment.
Entry level position/ Recent graduates may apply.
Starting Salary: $35,000
Minimum Education Required
Please email resume and cover letter in a single PDF document labelled “firstname lastname – Finance & IT Coordinator” to mba@GFWC.org with subject line “Finance & IT Coordinator.” You should be prepared to provide references upon request. Note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so interested candidates are encouraged to apply ASAP.
The General Federation of Women’s Clubs is an international women’s organization dedicated to community improvement by enhancing the lives of others through volunteer service. GFWC Headquarters is a National Historic Landmark located at 1734 N Street, NW in Washington D.C. Headquarters serves as the working offices for the GFWC International President and staff, and it is also the home of the Women’s History and Resource Center.
Success For Survivors Scholarship
Each year, GFWC awards scholarships to help intimate partner abuse survivors obtain a post-secondary education that offers a chance to reshape their future by securing employment and gaining personal independence.
GFWC Lawrence Classics Club
The GFWC Lawrence Classics Club (Kansas) has 19 members, and it’s an incredible mixture: one charter member has been involved since 1997; one member has been part of GFWC since 1960; there are a mother and daughter pair who are 2nd and 3rd generation clubwomen; four members are Boosters; and their youngest member only graduated from college last year. This assorted group shares the same values about volunteerism and puts them into action.