Thank you for your interest in working for the General Federation of Women’s Clubs. We encourage people of diverse backgrounds to apply. We also encourage you to learn more about the Federation’s work by signing up for News & Notes, our weekly e-newsletter. To apply for a job with GFWC, please follow the instructions under each position opening and email your application to careers@GFWC.org.
JOB TITLE: Executive Coordinator
DEPARTMENT IN GFWC: Executive Department
REPORTS TO: Chief of Operations
Under the direction of the Chief of Operations, and in coordination with the International President and Executive Committee members, this is a supporting position responsible for maintaining smooth operation of GFWC Executive Office. This position is mainly responsible for providing select administrative support to the Executive Office. Duties may be clerical, administrative and project-based and include scheduling travel, arranging meetings, handling information requests, preparing reports and correspondence and liaising with board members. This position is often privy to confidential information and as such, requires diplomacy and discretion. Performance will be measured relative to the attainment of the stated objectives and goals and significant accomplishments related to the work plan and position responsibilities.
In addition to the below list of responsibilities, the Executive Coordinator will carry out assigned tasks that are consistent with the general area of responsibilities of this position.
- Provide front office, front door, and main phone line and email support in coordination with the Executive Office team, including: mail and package delivery, parking area schedule, and internal calendar
- Maintain GFWC check log
- Support Executive Office and GFWC Leadership in all aspects of administrative and governance work
- Work with the Chief of Operations to develop and maintain a quality, comprehensive benefits package for GFWC employees
- Assist the Chief of Operations with staff transition including onboarding, staff reassignment, and end-of-employment, and maintaining all required supporting documentation (personnel files)
- Serve as primary point of contact for GFWC staff and benefit vendors regarding general inquiries
- Coordinate with the Membership Services Manager to provide requested GFWC member reports as needed
- Update electronic communications subscriptions as needed
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to accuracy and detail in all aspects of responsibilities
- Proficient computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience in working with databases
- Excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge of basic filing and organizational protocols
- The ability to follow directions, sometimes from multiple sources, and determine priorities
- Flexibility and a willingness to perform other reasonable duties as requested
Submit cover letter and résumé via email with “Executive Coordinator” in the subject line to Patricia Budka, Chief of Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GFWC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
A club member since 1985, GFWC Treasurer Wendy Carriker is a proven leader in her community and state, and a dedicated clubwoman.
Success For Survivors Scholarship
Each year, GFWC awards scholarships to help intimate partner abuse survivors obtain a post-secondary education that offers a chance to reshape their future by securing employment and gaining personal independence.
GFWC Montgomery Woman’s Club
Since its founding in 1954, the GFWC Montgomery Woman’s Club, Inc. of Montgomery, Ohio has raised over $1.5 million for education and $430,000 for charity. Eighty-seven members strong, the club is known for volunteer service and community improvement, especially during the holiday months when members decorate the town for Christmas.