Thank you for your interest in working for the General Federation of Women’s Clubs, a workplace which values people of diverse backgrounds. To apply for a job with GFWC, please follow the instructions under each position opening and email your application to careers@GFWC.org.
Membership Services Coordinator
JOB TITLE: Membership Services Coordinator
DEPARTMENT IN GFWC: Membership Department
REPORTS TO: Director of Membership Services & Programs
Assist Director of Membership Services & Programs with providing services and information directly to GFWC membership.
- Answer questions related to membership matters
- Dues, timelines, deadlines, donations, events, newsletters, etc.
- Provide special recognition pins to members and certificates to clubs as appropriate
- Manage GFWC member grants
- Check daily the Join@gfwc.org email account
- Connect potential members to clubs either via the State Federation or State Membership Chairman
- Prepare New Club Kits to all new clubs
- Review and provide recognition via Clubwoman Magazine to clubs with new members through seasonal recruitment campaigns
- Provide a quarterly milestone club anniversary list for inclusion in Clubwoman Magazine
- GFWC Marketplace inventory and sales
- Coordinate database development
- Maintain GFWC database
- Maintain subscriptions to the weekly and quarterly newsletters
- Maintain donor database
- Prepare acknowledgement letters to all donors
- Provide weekly donation report to Finance Department
- Serve as staff liaison to GFWC National Membership Committee and GFWC National Leadership Committee
- Collect LEADS applications and prepare materials for annual LEADS seminar at the GFWC Annual Convention
- Serve as recorder for the GFWC Strategic Planning Committee
- Customer service
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with diverse staff and volunteers
Submit cover letter and résumé via email with “Membership Coordinator” in the subject line to Melanie Gisler, Director of Membership Services and Programs, at email@example.com.
GFWC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JOB TITLE: Office Associate
DEPARTMENT IN GFWC: Executive Department
REPORTS TO: Chief of Operations
Under the direction of the Chief of Operations, and in coordination with the International President, this position is responsible for providing administrative support for the GFWC offices. Duties include maintaining travel schedules, arranging meetings, handling information requests, and general front office responsibilities. In addition to the list of responsibilities below, the Office Associate will carry out assigned tasks that are consistent with the general area of responsibilities of this position.
- Provide front office, front door, and main phone line and email support including: mail distribution, package delivery, shipping, parking area schedule, and internal calendar
- Serve as primary contact for building service providers
- Provide assistance to staff for projects and meetings
- Coordinate with the Membership staff to provide requested GFWC member reports
- Update electronic communications subscriptions as needed
- Maintain member magazine subscriptions
- Excellent interpersonal & customer service skills
- Attention to accuracy and detail in all aspects of responsibilities
- Proficient computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel
- Excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge of basic filing and organizational protocols
- The ability to follow directions, sometimes from multiple sources, and determine priorities
- Flexibility and a willingness to perform other reasonable duties as requested
Submit cover letter and résumé via email with “Office Associate” in the subject line to Patricia Budka, Chief of Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GFWC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Personable, professional, and a proven leader, Marian St.Clair serves as GFWC First Vice President. Marian’s unique talents and skills make her a dedicated and dynamic leader.
Success For Survivors Scholarship
Each year, GFWC awards scholarships to help intimate partner abuse survivors obtain a post-secondary education that offers a chance to reshape their future by securing employment and gaining personal independence.
Woodbridge Woman’s Club
Since 1965, the GFWC Woodbridge Woman’s Club (Virginia) has focused on making a difference in the lives of women, children, and families in their community. With approximately 50 members, the club is a vibrant part of Woodbridge and actively conducts education, conservation, and home life projects.