Thank you for your interest in working for the General Federation of Women’s Clubs, a workplace which values people of diverse backgrounds. To apply for a job with GFWC, please follow the instructions under each position opening.
The Finance Coordinator is an exciting opportunity to support the financial needs and team of dedicated members. This position will be responsible for accurately maintaining the organization’s accounting and other financial records, including accounting system data entry, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and workflow system, spreadsheet development and other tasks as assigned by the Director of Finance.
- Manage all accounts payable including ensuring costs are appropriately documented and approved, entering transactions, and supporting the execution of payments (printing/mailing checks).
- Setup new vendors as needed and maintain compliance paperwork; W-9s and Sales Tax certificates.
- Maintain digital accounting filing system (AP Invoices, Vendor files, etc.)
- Respond to inquiries and follow up on correspondence regarding A/P.
- A/R – Administer receivable including preparing invoices, record cash receipts, make bank deposits, and credit card processing.
- Notify customers with delinquent accounts and resolve payment issues.
- Respond to inquiries and follow up on A/R correspondence.
- Assist with other accounting data entry including journal entries, payroll recording, and posting Marketplace sales.
- Assist with monthly closing process and preparation of quarterly financial statements.
- Prepare Annual IRS 1099 forms and assist in annual audit preparation.
- Help maintain finance department procedures manual and finance forms.
- Coordinate Records Retention Policy with Department heads, including compliance with retention & destruction schedules & document filing requirements.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Director of Finance.
Bachelor’s degree required. Preference will be given to a candidate with accounting or business degree.
2-3 years’ experience with accounting systems including A/P and A/R required, providing a broad range of accounting support in a not for profit organization; and/or equivalent experience. Knowledge of bookkeeping and basic accounting principles is required. Database management, spreadsheet and word processing required. Experience with QuickBooks Online a plus.
Must have excellent organizational, attention to detail, and data entry skills. Must have good communication skills, have a positive attitude, and work well in a team-oriented environment.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Please email cover letter with salary requirements and resume in a single PDF document labelled “firstname lastname – Finance Coordinator” to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Finance Coordinator.” You should be prepared to provide references upon request. Note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so interested candidates are encouraged to apply ASAP.
When it comes to membership presentations, GFWC Missouri State Membership Chairman Lisa Cook isn’t afraid to don an apron to present an unforgettable “recipe for membership” skit.
Success For Survivors Scholarship
Each year, GFWC awards scholarships to help intimate partner abuse survivors obtain a post-secondary education that offers a chance to reshape their future by securing employment and gaining personal independence.
GFWC Marlton Woman’s Club
The GFWC Marlton Woman’s Club (New Jersey) has 41 members who are always trying to put a smile on the faces of others. President Lisa Levin said, “My goal has always been to work together as a club, making our members shine, and making a significant difference in the lives of others.” She also encourages leadership and engagement by motivating members to be a chairperson or to be part of a committee.