In 1920, when GFWC adopted a resolution establishing a permanent headquarters, they were looking for a space that would “be commensurate with the dignity, size and influence of the organization.” In 1922 they found such a place that would secure our presence in our nation’s capital. For the past decades, the generosity of our Regions, state federations, clubs, and individual members has allowed us to create a home at 1734 N Street, NW in Washington, D.C. that exemplifies precisely that proclamation. It is imperative that we continue to preserve this national historic landmark that has served us so well through the test of time.
Your generous Gifts to Headquarters will be designated for the repair and refurbishment of our home’s infrastructure. Targeted areas of immediate need are the magnificent main staircase and the original wood flooring and wall panels, which after nearly a century have come to show wear and tear. We ask you to consider making a donation this year. Visit the GFWC Convention event page on GFWC.org to download a donation form or contact us at 1-800-443-GFWC (4392).
Gifts to Headquarters donations will be acknowledged at the GFWC Annual Convention. Donations received prior to May before each Convention will be acknowledged in the Convention Program.
Melanie Carriker Stevens
Melanie Carriker Stevens understands GFWC tradition and legacy. Daughter of GFWC Communications and PR Chairman Wendy Carriker, Melanie was inspired to form the GFWC Legacy Woman's Club, which celebrates the dedication of grandmothers, mothers, aunts, sisters, and cousins. The GFWC Legacy Club received its charter at the 2015 GFWC Annual Convention in Memphis.
Success For Survivors Scholarship
Each year, GFWC awards scholarships to help intimate partner abuse survivors obtain a post-secondary education that offers a chance to reshape their future by securing employment and gaining personal independence.
GFWC Montgomery Woman’s Club
Since its founding in 1954, the GFWC Montgomery Woman’s Club, Inc. of Montgomery, Ohio has raised over $1.5 million for education and $430,000 for charity. Eighty-seven members strong, the club is known for volunteer service and community improvement, especially during the holiday months when members decorate the town for Christmas.