From the 2020 Award Entries
Every year, GFWC recognizes clubs for projects that demonstrate excellence and stand out as an example to other clubs within the GFWC Special Programs, Community Service Programs, and Advancement Areas. The Top 10 Projects selected by the GFWC Special Program, Community Service Program, and Advancement Area Chairmen appear by topic in the directory below. The lists were comprised from 2020 State Award Entries and Club Creativity Award Entries submitted by state chairmen.
- Juniors’ Special Program: Advocates for Children
- Signature Program: Domestic Violence Awareness and Prevention
- Arts Community Service Program
- Conservation Community Service Program
- Education Community Service Program
- Epsilon Sigma Omicron (ESO)
- Home Life Community Service Program
- International Outreach Community Service Program
- Public Issues Community Service Program
- Communications and Public Relations Advancement Area
- Fundraising and Development Advancement Area
- Leadership Advancement Area
- Legislation/Public Policy Advancement Area
- Membership Advancement Area
- Women’s History and Resource Center Advancement Area
Sharon Oliphant is filled with positive energy and gratitude for all of the opportunities she has to give back because of GFWC. In 2018 she will begin her time as Florida State President, and Sharon is assume the role and work with her enthusiastic Florida clubwomen to make a difference.
Success For Survivors Scholarship
Each year, GFWC awards scholarships to help intimate partner abuse survivors obtain a post-secondary education that offers a chance to reshape their future by securing employment and gaining personal independence.
The Rochester Junior Women's Club
The Rochester Junior Women’s Club (Michigan) was established in 1956 with 16 members, and today has over 70 members that always come together to support one another. The club chooses three or four major charities to support and several smaller ones, donating approximately $30,000 each year. In total since its inception, the club has provided more than 1 million hours of community service, and raised more than $928,000 to support their community!