Here are the programs and projects that were selected as the Top Projects by the GFWC Special Program, Community Service Program, and Advancement Area Chairmen. These lists were comprised from the State Award Entries and Club Creativity Award Entries submitted by state chairmen:
- Junior Special Program: Advocates for Children
- Signature Program: Domestic Violence Awareness and Prevention
- Arts Community Service Program
- Conservation Community Service Program
- Education Community Service Program
- Epsilon Sigma Omicron (ESO)
- Home Life Community Service Program
- International Outreach Community Service Program
- Public Issues Community Service Program
- Communications and Public Relations Advancement Area
- Leadership Advancement Area
- Fundraising and Development Advancement Area
- Legislation and Public Policy Advancement Area
- Membership Advancement Area
- Women’s History and Resource Center Advancement Area
Preshus Howard is about to celebrate her 10th anniversary as a clubwoman, and her time with GFWC has been a journey of discovering her own strengths and how she can use them to help others. As GFWC Kentucky’s Director of Junior Clubs for the 2016-2018 Administration, Preshus has been proud to use her position to rally clubwomen around causes that matter to her.
Success For Survivors Scholarship
Each year, GFWC awards scholarships to help intimate partner abuse survivors obtain a post-secondary education that offers a chance to reshape their future by securing employment and gaining personal independence.
GFWC Lawrence Classics Club
The GFWC Lawrence Classics Club (Kansas) has 19 members, and it’s an incredible mixture: one charter member has been involved since 1997; one member has been part of GFWC since 1960; there are a mother and daughter pair who are 2nd and 3rd generation clubwomen; four members are Boosters; and their youngest member only graduated from college last year. This assorted group shares the same values about volunteerism and puts them into action.