From the 2020 Award Entries
Every year, GFWC recognizes clubs for projects that demonstrate excellence and stand out as an example to other clubs within the GFWC Special Programs, Community Service Programs, and Advancement Areas. The Top 10 Projects selected by the GFWC Special Program, Community Service Program, and Advancement Area Chairmen appear by topic in the directory below. The lists were comprised from 2020 State Award Entries and Club Creativity Award Entries submitted by state chairmen.
- Juniors’ Special Program: Advocates for Children
- Signature Program: Domestic Violence Awareness and Prevention
- Arts Community Service Program
- Conservation Community Service Program
- Education Community Service Program
- Epsilon Sigma Omicron (ESO)
- Home Life Community Service Program
- International Outreach Community Service Program
- Public Issues Community Service Program
- Communications and Public Relations Advancement Area
- Fundraising and Development Advancement Area
- Leadership Advancement Area
- Legislation/Public Policy Advancement Area
- Membership Advancement Area
- Women’s History and Resource Center Advancement Area
Lorraine Gorham is one busy clubwoman. Not only is she a wife, mother, and grandmother, she is also a member of seven clubs and serves as a club president and state chairman.
Success For Survivors Scholarship
Each year, GFWC awards scholarships to help intimate partner abuse survivors obtain a post-secondary education that offers a chance to reshape their future by securing employment and gaining personal independence.
Oregon City Woman's Club
The Oregon City Woman's Club (Oregon) participated at the National Night Out on August 7 with a booth advertising their club.