From the 2020 Award Entries
Every year, GFWC recognizes clubs for projects that demonstrate excellence and stand out as an example to other clubs within the GFWC Special Programs, Community Service Programs, and Advancement Plans. The Top 10 Projects selected by the GFWC Special Program, Community Service Program, and Advancement Plan Chairmen appear by topic in the directory below. The lists were comprised from 2020 State Award Entries and Club Creativity Award Entries submitted by state chairmen.
- Signature Program: Domestic and Sexual Violence Awareness and Prevention
- Juniors’ Special Program: Advocates for Children
- Arts and Culture Community Service Program
- Civic Engagement and Outreach Community Service Program
- Education and Libraries Community Service Program
- Environment Community Service Program
- Health and Wellness Community Service Program
- Communications and Public Relations Advancement Plan
- Fundraising and Development Advancement Plan
- Leadership Advancement Plan
- Legislation/Public Policy Advancement Plan
- Membership Advancement Plan
- Women’s History and Resource Center
Utilizing the leadership skills she learned as an Air Force Colonel, Carol has served GFWC on the local, state, and national levels.
Success For Survivors Scholarship
Each year, GFWC awards scholarships to help intimate partner abuse survivors obtain a post-secondary education that offers a chance to reshape their future by securing employment and gaining personal independence.
Mesquite Club, Inc.
The Mesquite Club, Inc., located in Las Vegas, Nevada, started out the club year with 120 members and now has 132 members. How has the club gained a dozen new members over such a short time? One reason is Club President Cherie Williams’ commitment to raising public awareness of the club in any way possible.