From the 2020 Award Entries
Every year, GFWC recognizes clubs for projects that demonstrate excellence and stand out as an example to other clubs within the GFWC Special Programs, Community Service Programs, and Advancement Plans. The Top 10 Projects selected by the GFWC Special Program, Community Service Program, and Advancement Plan Chairmen appear by topic in the directory below. The lists were comprised from 2020 State Award Entries and Club Creativity Award Entries submitted by state chairmen.
- Signature Program: Domestic and Sexual Violence Awareness and Prevention
- Juniors’ Special Program: Advocates for Children
- Arts and Culture Community Service Program
- Civic Engagement and Outreach Community Service Program
- Education and Libraries Community Service Program
- Environment Community Service Program
- Health and Wellness Community Service Program
- Communications and Public Relations Advancement Plan
- Fundraising and Development Advancement Plan
- Leadership Advancement Plan
- Legislation/Public Policy Advancement Plan
- Membership Advancement Plan
- Women’s History and Resource Center
When it comes to membership presentations, GFWC Missouri State Membership Chairman Lisa Cook isn’t afraid to don an apron to present an unforgettable “recipe for membership” skit.
Success For Survivors Scholarship
Each year, GFWC awards scholarships to help intimate partner abuse survivors obtain a post-secondary education that offers a chance to reshape their future by securing employment and gaining personal independence.
The Rochester Junior Women's Club
The Rochester Junior Women’s Club (Michigan) was established in 1956 with 16 members, and today has over 70 members that always come together to support one another. The club chooses three or four major charities to support and several smaller ones, donating approximately $30,000 each year. In total since its inception, the club has provided more than 1 million hours of community service, and raised more than $928,000 to support their community!