The GFWC App Has Launched!
February 5, 2016
Take GFWC with you wherever you go with the newly released GFWC mobile phone application! The official app, available for iPhone iOS and Android, is your FREE on-the-go guide for everything GFWC. It has a variety of features which will help you quickly reference GFWC information, be notified of the latest GFWC announcements, network with your Federation sisters, and more!
Follow these steps to download the app on your phone:
- Go to your phone’s “App Store.” For iPhone this is called the “App Store” and for Android this is called the “Google Play Store App.”
- Go to the store’s search bar and search “GFWC.” Do not search “General Federation of Women’s Clubs” because it will not bring up any results.
- One of the first results you will see will have the GFWC logo against a blue background. This is our app! Follow your phone’s respective instructions for installing apps.
- For iPhone, click the button that says “Get” or “Install.” You will have to put in your Apple ID password before the app begins to download
- For Android, click the three dots next to the app. Then click “Install.”
Once you set up your account, you will immediately have access to post on the activity feed and all of the other features on the app. You can make as many posts as you want, but remember to keep all of your posts related to your GFWC activities!
For a more thorough exploration of the app’s features, read through the user guide which can be found here on GFWC.org. The user guide should answer a lot of the questions you may have, but feel free to email our Events Coordinator, Jennifer Simpson, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions.
Sharon Oliphant is filled with positive energy and gratitude for all of the opportunities she has to give back because of GFWC. In 2018 she will begin her time as Florida State President, and Sharon is assume the role and work with her enthusiastic Florida clubwomen to make a difference.
Success For Survivors Scholarship
Each year, GFWC awards scholarships to help intimate partner abuse survivors obtain a post-secondary education that offers a chance to reshape their future by securing employment and gaining personal independence.
Junior Woman's Club of State College
When Robbin Zirkle moved back to the area after grad school, she addressed the challenge many people face as adults—making new friends— by joining the Junior Woman’s Club of State College (Pennsylvania). GFWC provided her a place to connect with like-minded women who shared her passion for community service.