Join the GFWC Juniorette Instagram
February 7, 2017
GFWC has launched an Instagram site focusing on Juniorettes with the goal of sharing project ideas, applauding achievements, and motivating others to become members. Instagram is an online mobile photo-sharing, video-sharing, and social networking service that enables its users to take pictures, and share them via the app. All content on the app will relate to our Juniorette members as they are often less prominently featured in our other social media and print publications.
To make the GFWC Instagram a success, we will need the help of Juniorette Club sponsors. If you would like the Juniorette club you sponsor to be featured on the site, please send a photograph of a recent project or event as well as a short caption (100 words or less) to the GFWC Communications and Public Relations staff at email@example.com.
How do you join Instagram?
Signing up and using Instagram is easy. Just follow these steps:
- Make sure your phone is compatible with Instagram Apps. Instagram works on iOS, Andriod, and Windows devices. Only limited access to Instagram is available on the regular web and you need a compatible mobile device to actually use it.
- Download and install the appropriate Instagram App to your phone. The app is available through the iTunes App Store for iOS devices or from the Google Play Store for Android devices. To do this, simply open Google Play or the App Store on your phone and do a search for “Instagram.” The first search result should be the official Instagram App. Download and install it to your device.
- Create your own Instagram Account. Now you can get started creating a free Instagram account by tapping the “Register” button. Instagram will lead you through the steps to create your account, including selection of a user name and password.
- Use the bottom icons to navigate Instagram. There are five menu icons that will let you browse through various parts of Instagram: home, explore, take a photo, activity, and user profile.
Home (house icon): This is your own personal feed displaying all the photos of only the users you follow, plus your own.
Explore (star icon): This tab displays thumbnails of photos that have the highest interaction and serves as a good tool to find new users to follow.
Take a photo (camera icon): Use this tab when you want to snap a photo directly through the app or from your camera roll to post on Instagram.
Activity (heart bubble icon): Allows you to see how the people you are following are interacting on Instagram or to see the most recent activity on your own photos.
User profile (newspaper icon): This displays your user profile information and gives you access to all of your personal settings.
- Interact with other users on Instagram. Interacting is one of the best parts of Instagram. You can do that by “liking” or commenting on users’ photos. You “like” a post by tapping the heart icon or double tapping the actual photo. You may also comment on a photo, add hashtags, or tag another user by typing their @username into the comment.
- Configure your privacy and security settings. You can make your profile private so only followers you approve can see your photos.
While there is nothing inherently dangerous about Instagram, teenagers engaging with the social media platform should be encouraged to make their accounts private. A private account requires others to request and receive permission from the account holder prior to viewing their posts. A user’s profile picture, screen name, and biographical entry will continue to be viewable by the public even if their posts are private.
When it comes to membership presentations, GFWC Missouri State Membership Chairman Lisa Cook isn’t afraid to don an apron to present an unforgettable “recipe for membership” skit.
Success For Survivors Scholarship
Each year, GFWC awards scholarships to help intimate partner abuse survivors obtain a post-secondary education that offers a chance to reshape their future by securing employment and gaining personal independence.
Woodbridge Woman’s Club
Since 1965, the GFWC Woodbridge Woman’s Club (Virginia) has focused on making a difference in the lives of women, children, and families in their community. With approximately 50 members, the club is a vibrant part of Woodbridge and actively conducts education, conservation, and home life projects.