2023 GFWC Annual Convention, June 10-12, in Louisville, Kentucky
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1) Airport Transportation: Getting in and out of an airport can seem stressful – luckily, at Louisville Muhammad Ali International Airport, we have plenty of options to make your visit a breeze. Whether you’re arriving or departing, we’re here to help.
Limo Service: R&R Limousine (800-582-5576) or Xtreme Transportation (812-246-2235)
For those preferring taxi service, catch a cab at the commercial curb outside baggage claim.
zTrip: (502) 777-7777
Looking for an alternative to the traditional Louisville Airport shuttle or taxi?
Reserve a ride with Uber in advance at Louisville International Airport. Request a ride up to 30 days before your flight, at any time and on any day of the year. https://www.uber.com/global/en/airports/sdf/
2) Attire: Check the Dress Code section in Documents Or the website for details. Be sure to wear comfortable shoes and bring a light jacket as the meeting rooms can be on the chilly side.
3) Attractions: To learn more about local attractions in the area, visit the Convention website or Louisville Events and Kentucky Tourism Information.
4) Convention Hotel Address: Louisville Marriot Downtown, 280 West Jefferson, Louisville, Kentucky 40202. Tel: 800-266-9432 or 502-627-5045
5) Convention Facilities: All activities take place at the Louisville Marriot Downtown hotel on the Ground Floor (The Opening & Closing Ceremonies with Business Sessions in the Kentucky Ballroom and Exhibitor & Fundraising Showcase); 2nd Floor (Registration, Workshops & Meetings); and Marriott Ballroom (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner).
6) Emergency Contact Information: In the event of an emergency, please call Phyllis Skubic at 815-735-9947; Nishu Raina at 202-628-2478; or Registration Desk at 202-628-2478. Please note these numbers are for emergencies only. Thank you.
7) Events, Pre-conference, Workshops, and Tours: Pre- Convention tours are at capacity. If there is an event you wish to attend, please contact Events Manager Nishu Raina at Nraina@gfwc.org or 202-628-2478.
8) Guests: Guests must register and pay for events. Guests may not attend sessions or participate in any event for which they do not hold a ticket.
9) GFWC Information Hub: On the second floor is the central hub for many activities and should be your go-to place for information, lost and found, first aid, etc.
10) Hotel Amenities: Located in the heart of Bourbon City, Louisville Marriott Downtown provides sophisticated amenities and a connection via skywalk to the Kentucky International Convention Center. Join us at Porch Kitchen & Bar for comfort food & a soulful experience. Also, visit the Urban Bourbon Trail for your favorite spirit. You can immerse yourself in the city’s bourbon scene by visiting one of the distilleries conveniently located within walking distance of the hotel.
11) Meals: If purchased when registering, you will receive tickets for the meals in your registration packet. Tickets must be shown at the door. Please note every seat in the ballroom has been assigned to a conference attendee. Table assignments are denoted on tickets.
12) Meal Requests for Dietary Restrictions: If you requested a special meal, please inform your server and show them the Dietary card from your registration package. Please retain these for the duration of convention.
13) Messages: If you need to get a message to someone or have general announcements, please contact Convention Chair Phyllis Skubic or leave a message at the GFWC Station or Registration Station.
14) Parking: All self parking is discounted 25% for GFWC Attendees. Please pay parking at checkout and not to the attendant to receive the GFWC discount.
Current Parking Rates:
Self Parking — 0-8 Hours $35; Over 8 Hours $40
Valet Parking— 0-8 Hours $40; Over 8 Hours $45
Parking Garage can accommodate vehicles up to 6’9” – 201 W Liberty Street –
15) Photographs and Updates on Social Media: People enjoy seeing photographs posted by conference attendees on social media. Use the hashtag #GFWC23AC.
16) Program Book and Schedule at a Glance: The official program book will be handed out when you collect your credentials.
17) Program Changes: Changes to the program will be posted on the electronic reader signs adjacent to each room, announced by Convention Chair at the end of each event and also as a SMS to your phones.
18) Race to the Finish Prizes: Thanks to the generosity of members, great prizes will be given away on Monday June 12 during the AM business session.
You may enter as many times as you wish for the prize of your choice, you must present the ticket to collect your prizes.
19) Registration Desk: The registration desk is located on the second floor of the Hotel near the Marriot Ballroom. Hours are published in the program book
20) Registration Packet: On checking in, you will receive a Registration Packet, Neck wallet, the program book, the tote bag, various handouts, and conference bling (Thank you, Sponsors!) can be collected from the Kentucky Welcome table. Before leaving the registration desk, please confirm that you have the right tickets. Please bring a printout of your registration or invoice with you to convention for easy and smooth check in.
21) Table Numbers: All tables in both ballrooms have numbers. These numbers are meant to help you find each other, e.g., you can text your friends to say “I’m at Table 18”.
22) Volunteers: If you are a Host State Volunteer, please check with the Welcome Desk to sign in and receive your assignment. If you are helping with convention prep, you will find GFWC staff in Paddock on the 2nd floor of the hotel starting on Wednesday, June 7, from 1 to 5 p.m.
23) Wheelchairs & Scooter Rentals
24) Wi-Fi: Complimentary Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel and in sleeping rooms. Wi-Fi name and Password will be in your registration packet for the convention spaces.
If you have questions onsite, please contact Nishu Raina, Events Manager, at NRaina@GFWC.org or call 202-628-2478.