Benefits of Belonging
Nearly 80,000 members of the General Federation of Women’s Clubs are united in their dedication to volunteer community service. While diverse in age, interests, and experiences, all clubwomen are united by a desire to create positive change in their communities.
With roots in local communities and branches around the world, GFWC members enjoy opportunities to learn from and share with one other at District, State Federation, Region, and international meetings, seminars, and conventions. Operating under the broad umbrella of community service, GFWC clubs are able to assess the needs of their individual communities, consider the abilities and interests of their members, and focus their projects and programs in areas that satisfy the needs of both. Program guidelines, materials, and resources provided by GFWC and State Federations assist clubs in serving the needs of their communities effectively and efficiently.
Belonging to a GFWC club provides the opportunity to:
- Contribute to the quality of life in your neighborhood and community
- Gain a sense of fulfillment and satisfaction in doing good
- Participate in interesting, informative, and inspiring programs
- Explore and sharpen skills that can lead to professional advancement
- Expand your network of contacts—professional and personal
- Clubwoman Magazine, a quarterly electronic magazine available for download in the GFWC Member Portal under “C” Resources for Clubwoman.
- Secure resources both for your personal development and for your club in members-only Digital Library, including the Club Manual.
- Compete and apply for GFWC awards, contests, and grants
- Sign up for club officer, event, and general insurance liability coverage
- Access to the GFWC Mediators Program, member-only discounts, and a no-annual-fee GFWC credit card.
- Build lifelong friendships
- Have fun!