Epsilon Sigma Omicron
Epsilon Sigma Omicron (ESO) is an honorary educational society open to all per-capita paying GFWC federated club members. Over 60 years ago, the ESO program became a permanent part of the GFWC Education Department. Through ESO, clubwomen are given direction in planned reading for self-enrichment and personal growth. Many GFWC clubwomen have profited from this unique self-improvement program, seen as vital by the members it directly benefits.
ESO provides clubwomen with a structured reading program that is educational and stimulates a desire for self-improvement. ESO goals include:
- Encouraging clubwomen’s pursuit of higher education
- Creating an additional means to unite women in volunteerism
- Developing a support network for women returning to school
- Improving current and develop new study skills
- Stimulating systematic home reading and study with minimal supervision
- Encouraging the establishment of home libraries and greater use of public libraries
- Encouraging the formation of reading/study/discussion groups
Members can participate in ESO as part of a reading group or on their own. The program provides membership, awards and certificates, pins, reading lists, and a framework in which to pursue continued self-improvement through reading. Many clubs combine club programming with ESO related activities, such as reading awareness and book promotion.
ESO Resources are filed under E in the digital library of the GFWC Member Portal.