Epsilon Sigma Omicron
Epsilon Sigma Omicron (ESO) is an honorary educational society open to all per-capita paying GFWC federated club members. Over 60 years ago, the ESO program became a permanent part of the GFWC Education Department. Through ESO, clubwomen are given direction in planned reading for self-enrichment and personal growth. Many GFWC clubwomen have profited from this unique self-improvement program, seen as vital by the members it directly benefits.
ESO provides clubwomen with a structured reading program that is educational and stimulates a desire for self-improvement. ESO goals include:
- Encouraging clubwomen’s pursuit of higher education
- Creating an additional means to unite women in volunteerism
- Developing a support network for women returning to school
- Improving current and develop new study skills
- Stimulating systematic home reading and study with minimal supervision
- Encouraging the establishment of home libraries and greater use of public libraries
- Encouraging the formation of reading/study/discussion groups
Members can participate in ESO as part of a reading group or on their own. The program provides membership, awards and certificates, pins, reading lists, and a framework in which to pursue continued self-improvement through reading. Many clubs combine club programming with ESO related activities, such as reading awareness and book promotion.
Serving as GFWC Treasurer will be the highlight of Jolie Frankfurth’s nineteen years of community service with the General Federation of Women’s Clubs.
Success For Survivors Scholarship
Each year, GFWC awards scholarships to help intimate partner abuse survivors obtain a post-secondary education that offers a chance to reshape their future by securing employment and gaining personal independence.
Upper Allen Woman's Club
The object of the Upper Allen Woman’s Club, located in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, is to develop the educational, civic, and social interests of its members, to advance the welfare of the community, and to promote the progress and work of GFWC.